The theme was 'lock and key' and this is my take on it.
The underlayer is just painted card (mixed gold and pearlescent white acrylic paint). The card with the stamping on is actually layers of work but it didn't quite turn out how I expected (and photographed really badly!).
First I painted it using the irridescent white, and using sequin mesh and cut'n'dry foam I put the mixed gold and white paint on, then moved the mesh and went over it with pure gold paint. For the next layer I stamped using a collage stamp and the gold paint mixed with burnt sienna. I didn't like the effect of this so I sanded it with fine sandpaper to make it paler, which I quite liked. Then I scrumpled up the ATC and inked it using antique linen and tattered rose distress inks, sprayed with water and ironed it flat again. Phew!
Then I put the sequin mesh down the side and trimmed it, and stamped the edwardian lady using brown stazon. I used her as I thought this matched the theme, what with women having no vote and etc etc. I finished off with the brads and the key (jusst to make the theme a little more obvious!!).
Oh yes - I also inked the edges of both cards with walnut stain ink before I put them together.
Needed to do something to take my mind of the terrible hash I made of my development centre today. There goes my promotion in March. . .