28 October, 2008

Think Monday Think ATC



So, having done one challenge blog I thought I'd try another!

The theme at Think Monday Think ATC (here) was staples. Staples being silver, I figured I would have to move away from my current obsession with cream and gold! It was so freezing cold walking home from the train - there was snow on some of the cars along the road - I thought I'd go with silver and white and a winter theme.

I started by painting the ATC base with white iridescent paint. I liked the thing I tried yesterday with the paint on a sponge and the sequin waste, so I did that again with silver mixed with iridescent white, and then again with silver. Then I stamped over this with paint (silver with a little black) using a collage stamp. Sanded a little bit around the edges and added blobs of white glittery embossing powder.

I cut the snowflake shapes using a punch and silver tape and stuck these to the ATC, and then I used one of the backing papers from the punch to brighten it up a little.

I stapled the star shapes to look like snowflakes (well, in my head anyway!) and added a sparkly gem whatsit in the middle of each. Finished the ATC by stapling a bunch of sparkly shaggy fibres in the corner.

I'm really not sure about this one - it's just weird not seeing gold and cream and brown!!!

9 comments:

herminesplace said...

Love how you used the staples.

Linda Elbourne said...

This is great Kim - your use of staples is fabulous!

Dream With the Fishes said...

Very creative use of staples! They totally give the impression of snowflakes.

Thanks for checking out my work and for your wonderful compliments.

Rein said...

Wonderful ATC, love the winter theme and the snow flakes.

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is unbelievable.
Great design. Love them.

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Lovely Kim - well worth moving to silver for a change.
Hope you pick up a bunch of roses from my blog - hope it's OK to vary the 'tag' system a bit! Connie.

Nancy said...

I love your silvery background and snowflakes.

msscrooby said...

I really like the way you used the staples. Great ATC!

Sid said...

Love your use of making flowers with the staples !