29 October, 2008

Wednesday Stamper



I think I may have been bitten by the challenge blog bug! Here is my entry for the Wednesday Stamper challenge (here) where the theme is 'open'.

I've just received some new stamps from Catslife Press so I decided to use a couple of them for this challenge. I've become obsessed with my new acrylic paints, so I brayered the background with naples yellow, parchment and gold and stamped over it in gold and in antique linen distress ink using the same collage stamp.

I put some alcohol inks on metal and cut it into interesting shapes and fixed it to the ATC using eyelets. I then stamped the eye onto the card, and used the offcut card to stamp the queen's head on. I sanded the edges of the head and the ATC as a whole and then put the head on some sequin waste and a leaf and put this onto the ATC. Finished off by edging the ATC with walnut stain distress ink.

It's a bit of an odd one but it was fun and I've got painty inky fingers, so I'm happy!

12 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is brilliant.
Fantastic piece of art.

KardKrazy said...

Great ATC!

herminesplace said...

Looks great

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous piece, fabulous stamps!

Willy said...

Looks great!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is great! Oooh, and I'm drooling over those stamps. :-)

Virginia said...

Wonderful work..Love the stamps too..

Liesbeth said...

Great piece of art !

Ed said...

Fabulous piece of art - I love it !!

J and Z said...

Fun! Can't wait to see what else you do with your cool new stamps!!

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Lovely art again Kim.
Pop into my blog, there's something for you! Connie.

Viv's Visuals said...

Oh those stamps are fab!
And so is this ATC!