06 January, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I have two:

1. LOSE SOME DARN WEIGHT! As always. I've not done badly, really - I've gone from a size 20 to a size 14 (although going from 10 to 20 in the first place was a bit of a disaster; however, this is what happens when you live an extremely active life working with horses and eating whatever you like and then injure your knee so you can't do impact exercise and go to Uni in a city with no horses, and then proceed to drink like a fish and eat too much pizza - I have only myself to blame!). Still have two stone to go though and I'm just not getting anywhere. . .BUT!! 2009 will be difference and this time next year I'll not need a 'lose weight' resolution as I will be slim and slyph-like!!

2. Crafty resolution is. . . ummm . . . actually do some this year!

Got to go and have an MRI scan tomorrow to find out what is going on with my knee. I had ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) replacement surgery three years ago but it hasn't been right since. Partly this was the terrible physio that I had after the surgery. However, having had an x-ray on the knee it also looks like the surgery itself was done badly and, if that's the case, I will have to have it re-done. Noooooo! Crutches for a month, great big bloody hinged brace whatsit for two months, and pain pain pain. No standing up without brace - even in the shower. I had to sit in a plastic garden chair to have a shower last time. Sigh.

So - MRI tomorrow which will either confirm that the surgery was botched and needs redoing or show that it's just weakness in the knee from bad physio after the original surgery. All fingers, toes etc crossed for the second option, please! This means that all I need is a course of proper intensive one-on-one physio (courtesy of my healthcare plan at work) and that's a much better option!

1 comment:

My name is CINDY...... said...

Hi Kim like your positive attitude re the weight but it doesn't really sound as if you've got a problem if you got back down to a size 14!! Still, it's always the last bit that is hardest.(I wish)

Sorry to hear about your knee, I have a friend who has had both knees done in the last couple of years so I am familiar with the recovery period and understand your trepidation. Will keep everything crossed for you.

Cindy